Reserving lanes has had early success with two sessions being offered every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for workouts with the Asheville Masters Swimming group.
You will have a choice between 5:30am-6:30am OR 6:40am-7:40am, with reservations being required for each session. If you typically enjoy the early session or need to exit promptly for work, sign up for 5:30am! If you’re often a late arriver, sign up for the 6:40am:) Thank you for honoring your slot for each reservation you make.
$10 drop in fees still apply, $60 monthly for unlimited is still a better deal if you swim regularly. $300 for July-December. Please click here to register with USMS under the NC Masters team and the Asheville Masters workout group.
Please see The Asheville School’s adopted Covid-19 protocol below that comes directly from the CDC, State of North Carolina, Buncombe County and USA Swimming and our AMS group will need to follow these guidelines.
Workouts will be written and coached by both Andrew Pulsifer and Ian Quinn, and they’ll be trying a few different scheduling ideas and shared workouts to see what works best, with each coach swimming or coaching one of the sessions.
All swimmer’s names on our club’s roster will be submitted and held at Asheville School’s security gate and will be checked each day. The previous gate code we used is now obsolete as there will be an attendant 24/7.
Highlights from the protocol list:
- Enter and exit ONLY through glass doors on side of pool.
- Physical distancing is to be maintained, no matter how much you want to hug~for now! Masks entering and exiting are a good thing! Respect the space between.
- Come with bathing suit ON, ready to swim~no locker room usage before or after swim.
- 2 swimmers per lane starting at opposite ends & never ending up at same end together.
- Please bring your own equipment! No swim gear at pool available and no sharing of equipment.
- Arriving on time gets you 60 minutes of swimming:)
- No hanging around on deck for now!